Thursday, August 6, 2009

DAY 5.

Wednesday 18.03.2009

So the last day started. After another breakfast we packed our bags- luckily all my things fitted. Then another concern came. My bag could only weigh 15kg and when I came it was 11,1. So hoped, that it wouldn't be more (one extra kg=5 Euros). We went out of the hostel and waited for our bus. I didn't understand why we had to leave first thing in the morning, but that came out later (we got back home 2am next day).

To be honest, we didn't go straight to airport. We drove around London, saw almost all the places we had visited and places we hadn't. Hyde Park, Museum of Nature, History Museum, Knightsbridge and Harrods, Buckingham Palace (where driving with bus is forbidden but we did it anyway), Westminster bridge and Houses of Parliament with the Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, 10 Downing Street (where the Prime Minister lives), Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square and National Gallery, St. Paul's Cathedral, Tower Bridge, London Dungeon, The City etc. Had a little “photo-taking” pause near to Tower Bridge.

Some place on the street we saw a police busting a kid and our guide asked the bus driver, what for. It came out, that in Britain you can get a ticket if you're not at school during the day. He also said, that the police even sits in malls just to bust kids, who are not in school. It's way easier in Estonia, basically you can be absent whenever you want. Although for your teacher you have to have a reason.

When driving out of London we also saw the Olympic 2012 stadium with all the buildings around. It's still in construction, of course, but you could already tell, that it's going to be huge.

I don't know the name of the highway,but it was the one that went to Cambridge. Though we went to airport- Stansted. There was an electronic check-in. I managed it on my second attempt. When giving away our suitcases, it came out that mine was only 12, 7. I could have bought oh-so many things. Damn it!

Waiting for our flight we decided to eat. Stansted airport is huge, I'm telling you. Not that the longest runway there is 3km, but it is full of all kinds of shops. Including s Italian restaurant we went into. We used a door which was for the customers who want to use the loo, and sat down. Then a waitress came and asked how we had got in. She leaded us to another table. I ordered Caesar's salad and fell in love with it. I'd had it before, but never so good. So I recommend, after check-in in Stansted just go and eat the salad.

In an hour our plane took off and even though I didn't want to leave I was happy, that the weather was so nice so had the opportunity to take some nice photos from up there. Then the last piece of land was gone and there was nothing but the North Sea. Then there were some islands and coastal line (I checked from a Ryanair's magazine's map and it turned out to be the Netherlands). Flew over Denmark and just when the Baltic Sea came, there were clouds, so we flew above them. It was quite pretty.

So my journey ended. If I want to be poetical, I'd say, I left my heart behind. I loved London and I really want to go back there some day. I'm going to university this year and I've been thinking. I'll apply to be an exchange student in Britain next year. At least I want to. And I'm sure I'll try. Hopefully it turns out fine and I can go there. Besides, there were tons of stuff, I didn't do and I have to do them, how could I manage with so many unfinished businesses?

Hoping the best!










xoxo K.

No comments:

Post a Comment